Skip to main content
SPIRIT STARLIGHT
Horse Oil Painting by Laurie Justus Pace


24 x 24 inches

SOLD on Daily Painters.
Thank you for Supporting Self Representing Artists.



Rain is on the horizon and cooler air is pushing thru this morning. We are triple excited today because Jonathan is FINALLY coming to visit and our old neighbors from Justin TX are coming too. The family from Justin has three fabulous children that are all gifted in art and music. I had the pleasure of teaching them for close to 6 years. The youngest Victoria, is Jonathan's age and she taught him how to ride his bicycle and how to play when they were young. I cannot wait to hear Ashley play the piano. She is in her second semester at college. She was my assistant teacher in Justin for three years and so very gifted with her music and art. Brandon is next in the group and must be heading near fifteen. Very tall handsome young man that can pick up a guitar and jam with the best. He can draw circles around any student I have ever had and paints with a delicate touch of realism. The youngest, Victoria is ten. She too can paint and from her very first painting looked as if she had been doing it for years! When I left Ashley was teaching her how to play the piano. I might get to hear her play too. Such anticipation! Such joy!

So this morning I will finish cleaning house in preparation of their visit.

Cleaning house in preparation. I was going to blog off on another subject this morning, but it seems as I write I am praying for direction when I blog everyday and this has to be where He wants me to go. This is the Holy Week marking the crucification of Jesus and his accession into heaven. Are you prepared?

When I think of Cleaning House in my brain and my body I lean toward the realization of meditating a bit longer and praying a bit more. Always confessing to clean my soul and directing my thoughts to celebrate the awesome Lord. You know, not to sound flippant, but in my younger years of 20 and 30's I really tried to live (as I do now) a clean life and would often go into prayer thinking I have been good I have no horrible things to confess. Oh my, what age and wisdom does as the years pass. By THOUGHT WORD AND DEED....there was much to confess that I missed. Perhaps as you grow older you not only grow wiser but you grow deeper in your relationship with the Father. In preparation this week, go to prayer keeping with the direction that Jesus traveled this week many years ago. If you are imaginative sweep yourself back to that day and time and imagine seeing and feeling the moment. Think about Mary and her thoughts during these events. Think about Mary and Joseph and how they might have felt as parents and what if it was happening today?

I leave you with the Grace of the Lord and your own 'house cleaning'.

Laurie

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...