Skip to main content
Journey ~ Abstract by Laurie Justus Pace

24 x 72 inches Acrylic on 3 inch gallery wrap Canvas.

Commissions welcome....this one is mine!
Laurie


This is my painting in my living room~before the chili party.


Last night we had our sixth annual Chili party and White Elephant Gift Exchange

Yesterday morning I was busy painting in the studio on the painting you see hanging above. We have a circular wall in the living room so I did a 72 inch abstract that hangs with a bowed wall behind it. Morgan did an awesome job decorating. Basically I let him run with the colors!

As I was preparing for the party I decided life could be compared to a hard boiled egg. You know the egg starts out raw...like we do in life in the womb... a tiny egg. After we are born we get pretty hardened by life experiences. Some eggs (people) get harder boiled than others. (Can you argue that one?) Some people are soft boiled, so when you break into the egg the yellow is runny...makes it good to dip in your toast then. They flow out sharing their goodness. BUT then there are the eggs that we boil hard for Easter or for deviled eggs... hummm...look at that referral to the hard boiled egg...evolving into deviled eggs. Makes me want to google where that came from for sure.

As I stood at the kitchen sink with a pot of those 12 hard boiled eggs, my plan was to peel them and put the 24 halves out on the pretty egg platter I have. I noted by the second egg this was going to be a chore. We only use organic eggs and they often have thicker shells. ( No I do not know why) I do my normal roll gently and crush, roll and crush and under running water attempt to get the shells off. Ya know those really hard boil eggs are also hard headed?? Out of 12 eggs only TWO peeled nicely off. I had to camouflage as I built the eggs onto the platter.
So I decided the eggs reminded me of people in life that became harden or bitter and very resistant to change and new things. Comments on these deep seeded thoughts are welcome!

This is Stacey and Larry, Can you tell he loves her??

This is Tom, adopted into our family with love over 12 years ago. He has made every
chili party! He got CANDY!


Terry unwrapped a camouflage thermos mug. Goes with his T-shirt of
the HOMELAND Security showing a group of Indians ready for
the white man.




Stacey opens up water glasses. Good pull from the present pile girl!



Sandra (Terry's cousin) had her gifts stolen about four times. She finally ended up with awesome bath and body scrub with sea salt and peppermint.

Shannon with her champagne and my mother Gladys with her angel.


Sandra's hubby Paul opened tools for the barbecue which were stolen three more times. He
really ended up with candy from Alaska.



Glen and Carol are old Lake Highland folks..Carol went to High School with Terry
and I way back when. Glen opened bubble bath with a Kenny G Cd.




Morgan stay abreast of it all swiping gifts but ended up with Coco mix!




Monica got a grey t-shirt "That's how I roll"



Mark ended up with a size 12 red silk bodice and skirt. Later in the evening it
went home with Carol. Mark got the barbecue tongs.


Leslie had a snuggy bear but is coveting husband Kirk's cookies monster.



Yeah, I got my own reindeer. I traded Carol the red dress I had ended up through various
trading.


Larry pulled out a movie, but I already forgot which DVD it was!


Brother Kirk went through several things before ending up
with Cookie monster and a bag of cookies.



Joanne, Monica's mom got a t-shirt that says 'BIGGER THAN YOURS"
referring to the squirrel holding up two nuts.


A closer look by Hubby Chris who snagged champagne and lost it to Shannon.



Hillary went for the biggest and heaviest. It was long and narrow. Both
Leslie and I thought it would be the BB Gun from the movie...but it was
a plastic clothes container for the closet.



A tired moment between the two lovebirds.


Girls on the couch.




Dad, Jerry, opened a Santa night light. Not sure mom will allow him to
put it by the bed!


Pondering deeply over all the gifts.


Best Friends.....


A kiss goodbye as Mark will be flying back to Afghanistan tomorrow.



What kind of egg are you?


Grace,
Laurie

“Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.” Peter 1:13

Comments

Bronwyn said…
The boiled eggs which are difficult to peel are the freshest ones - but fresh is best! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...