Skip to main content
FLOW ~ Abstract Equine Horse Oil Painting by Laurie Justus Pace

22 x 28 inches
Oil on Gallery Wrapped Canvas

Contemporary Art for your Home



It is the day after...but birthday week carries on. We were in Dallas for lunch yesterday to celebrate my birthday and my dad's birthday. It was a warm gathering of family and so much fun bantering with my brothers. We had the typical share your dessert and Brother Bill had the best! Taramisu. I know it is not spelled correctly. It was a long day after as we began house hunting. We arrived back in Justin late last night to be greeted with a warm dinner from my neighbor with homemade break and homemade apple pie. In the midst of this I ate Candy from my friend in Sacramento (So much for the diet, so SUE DO NOT SEND CHOC CANDY... and I do not drink coffee! I will call later.) I topped it off with a glass of wine and slept well last night!

Today I will be working on a second long horn commission that is 4 ft by 6 ft in size and a red floral for a client up north. Morgan is coming to paint so it will be a full morning. Add in a twist of Verizon installing our Fios or is it VIOS?? I have no idea...and Terry putting a new battery in my Passat.... we will be busy. Maybe more house hunting this afternoon.

I have faith that God is in the KNOW...and soon I will know our destination. Keep the faith.

Shalom,
Laurie

“‘You shall not swear falsely, but carry out the vows you have made to the Lord.’ … Let your word be ‘Yes, Yes’ or ‘No, No.’”—Matthew 5:33, 37

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...