Skip to main content
16 Roses

Flower Art by Laurie Justus Pace


11 x 14 on Linen Panel



SOLD ON DAILY PAINTERS! THANK YOU!!



This painting is very similar to the one I painted in celebration of my mom's birthday last summer. I purchased some new linen panels from Ray Mar art and I wanted to try them out. Today's post and tomorrows will be on the panels. I absolutely LOVE them. The paint moves differently .... I think I am going to like it. This would make a delightful gift for someone, email me!

Well, I have the movers scheduled...now I need to pack and in between keep painting. Moving a family and a houseful of belongings is one thing, but adding a full art studio, a huge printer and all my stock of canvas, paints etc...well that is a different story. Trying to keep harmony in your life during a move is a challenge. Trying to remember WHAT you have to update and change is a pain.

My youngest son fell off a roof yesterday. He was working hanging Christmas lights and went down over 35 feet. He told his dad, notice he didn't tell me, that he was sliding head first and had the presence of mind to use his arm to pivot his body and he came off the roof feet first and then collapsed and rolled. He has a Class Two Sprain now, is in a boot and will not be returning to work.

He was laid off from his job in the mortgage industry last month. He is trying to get his teacher certification or some other job to feed his family. He has a business degree and graduated cum laude from St Edwards in Austin. If know of a job opening, email me!

In His Light,

Laurie

“Above all, maintain constant love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins.”—1 Peter 4:8

Comments

Roxanne Steed said…
Hi Laurie, Glad you found the Raymar art board!!! I'm in their 'fan club', too. I do like the oil primed linen, it is so nice to work on - what a difference it makes, glad you are enjoying it. Good luck with the move, I've done this every 3 years for the 26 I've been married to this Navy man. It is exhausting, hopefully you are not going a long distance? (so you can keep the paintings going?) Best wishes & prayers for your son, hope he heals fast & finds work that is good for him...
These paintings are more beautiful everyday!
Roxanne.

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...