Skip to main content
Light of the Paints

22 X 28 inches
Oil on Canvas

A Painting a Day

SOLD

A Hand signed and embellished giclee is available...contact me!




This is the larger painting I did from the study painting of the single painted pony. Still feel there are areas I would do differently. I have been corresponding with Don Barnes ( CLICK HERE FOR HIS WEBSITE) and his emails area pushing me more toward painting smaller...while I think I am pushing him larger! My hang up is color, gee can you tell. Color is a passion with me and I cannot seem to help it! Color seems to carry vibrations and energy and I want that in my paintings.

I am up rather early, Terry is sound asleep...I was awaken by the train this morning, or should I say TRAINS! My mind kept churning and thinking preparing for the canvas, so I gave up and got up! No phone ringing, no dogs under my feet....I can just paint with out interruption.


Are you taking the time to take care of yourself and your needs? Remember God created you too...and you are precious to Him. As a woman, I know we are caretakers, often neglecting ourselves. My mom always told me, God First...yourself next. She reasoned you have to be fit and balanced to love and take care of the others in your life. (Of course not to the point of self love.) Moderation in everything, but somehow, watching my mother's life right now and my own, she and I have strayed from doing this. What are you doing to nourish yourself today?

Grace,
Laurie

“Accept that which is good.”—Hosea 14:2

Comments

k Madison Moore said…
Not only are the colors wonderful and vibrant but I feel the communication between the horses.

http:kmadisonmoore.blogsot.com

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...