Skip to main content
EMERGING

30 x 30 inches
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas

A Painting A Day

SOLD SOLD



Good morning! This one was finished up this weekend. You can click here to bid or buy this painting. RICH colors sweep across the surface in a reverent majesty...I was praying and meditating while pulling the colors, part in delight, part in frustration, part in awe...and all the time in anticipation of what would evolve.

We stayed quiet yesterday but did drive into Dallas to have lunch with my parents. Dad and Terry had blackened Salmon with veggies and a large cup of gumbo. Mom and I stayed with talapia and veggies. It was some of the BEST fish I have had yet this year! Yes, we were at Mainstream, our favorite restaurant. A trip to Whole Foods can bring tears and laughter always. There was a woman there (close to my middle age) pushing one of those carts with a child in it...long story short, I kept hearing this strange noise...the woman was in the store and she had ACTIVE LOUD WHOOPING COUGH. After teaching all these years that is a run for the hills sound. She was not even covering her mouth as she hacked those typical weird coughing sounds. Terry and I both added a prayer and high tailed it ahead to get through the store. In our haste we both picked up two bigs of bing cherries...that would be four bags. After checking out, (We had also picked up some med type things natural muscle inflammatory stuff) our bill was HUGE...like over $250. I sat going over the bill eyes scrunched up and realized we had FOUR bing cherries and that was $48 of bing cherries. Those are for inflammation and soreness and guess what...they work. I have been downing them since the wreck with great results. So we will be cherry eaters for two weeks! Like I said, it was a good trip!

I AM ALIVE, WHOLE, and ENERGETIC!

Grace,
Laurie

“Jesus turned, and seeing her he said, ‘Take heart, daughter; your faith has made you well.’”—Matthew 9:22 (with all those bing cherries...why not? God is good all the time, God is good.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...