Skip to main content
Mountain Pony

30 X 30 inches
Oil/Acrylic on Canvas

A Painting a Day


Sunday early with thoughts of the day ahead. This is a painting I did Friday as Conni watched it evolve. It went through several phases as I was in and out of the studio that day. Bottom layering of about three layers of impasto and Acrylic with blended scraped colors and then the etching of the horse in oils. The eye of the horse in oils as well. Definitely raw and wild.

Today we will head up to Krum to a short church service and then I believe home to work, paint that is. Annie, Conni's seven year old has been a trooper. I taught her how to play Chinese Checkers last night and she beat me several times! She has sorted out coins for me ( I told her she could keep the quarters) and continues to mop the floor. I believe she likes my spray gun.

We all attended the wedding of my close friends Deborah and Bill yesterday and then ran to my moms to visit her and dad. That found us around more food at ST cafe in Dallas. YUMMMMM. Terry joined us. I think Conni had almond crusted chicken on wild rice, Annie wanted something simpler like PBJ, Terry and I had Salmon on Angel Hair pasta, my dad had crab cakes and mom had Maui Maui....but dessert...hummmm, there was coconut cream cake, chocolate mouse, a chocolate mouse rum layer cake....etc We were full and didn't eat any more after that meal.

Only two more days left in her visit and I will be SAD SAD to have her leave. Heard that Hubby Peter took the older two girls to Dollywood in the rain. Didn't sound like fun at all.
BUT I have never been to Dollywood!

Off to paint.... wishing you absolute peace for the day.

Grace,
Laurie

“Peace be within your walls, and security within your towers. For the sake of my relatives and friends I will say, ‘Peace be within you.’”—Psalm 122:7-8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...