Skip to main content
ROLL OVER RED
Horse

30 x 30 inches
Oil on Canvas

A Painting a Day

SOLD





Yesterday our oldest grandson Grant took his last earthly breath and journeyed on to the brighter side accompanied by a host of angels to be embraced in the arms of our Father. I had written yesterday about rising early due to a vision of Grant and that is when I began painting. The result was ROLL OVER RED. Grant was always playful and full of joy. Just as this horse, carefree and rolling over in pleasure to scratch his back. If Grant had to be given a descriptive word, it would by JOY. His delightful innocence to the world from his autistic mind was amazing. To stop and see the world as he did, gave a new perspective to what life should be. The simple innocence that surrounded him gave pleasure to all who knew him, and they knew how easily he gave his love to them...unconditionally...wanting love and acceptance back...that is all he ever ask of any of us. I reflect back to so many moments of his little face as his eyes would light up in happiness, or that glance upward he gave to see if you were paying attention. Gosh he had the longest eyelashes. Emptiness can only be filled with those memories and a commitment to take to heart all the love and lessons he taught each one of us. There was not a person he met that he did not win their heart and their love.

Kathryn from the FOUR BRANCH RANCH called and wrote yesterday to remind me of why the Lord takes those that are so innocent...to spare them from what is ahead...and I am sure Grant would have had many challenges in his life with his disabilities. At this moment I feel robbed of the times that will never be. I can only walk on in faith and know that the Lord's plan is greater than my thoughts can ever imagine. Meanwhile, each day is spent in pain and tears right now knowing that little heartbeat has ceased and I will not ever gaze upon his smile and see the delight in his eyes when he was happy....or watch him shovel in his Chicken nuggets from McDonalds. Never again will we sit and share a story in a book as he would read to me, or as I hoped to spend time exploring paint on canvas to see what was inside coming out in expression.
I thank the Lord for the gift of Grant in my life and Terry's life. He is our oldest grandchild and the grandchild of our heart. NOTHING can take that from us.

The outreach and emails from all of you have been a true support to our family and I can never express enough how much they mean to us.

Grace,
Laurie

From Daily Word:
My Child

The love of God soothes me and quiets my soul.
In the quiet of prayer, God speaks to me and soothes my soul.
“My child, I love you with an everlasting love. Know that I am with you always guiding you and making your way safe. There is no place you can ever go where I am not there with you.
“My child, I am here for you through every challenge of life. Give Me any worries and fears. Accept My peace, for it is a peace that passes all understanding. I give it to you freely and completely.
“Let Me guide you, and I will show you a world that is filled with more blessings than you could ever imagine. Believe in Me, child, for I have always believed in you.”
“But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; my soul is like the weaned child that is with me.”-—Psalm 131:2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...