Skip to main content
HEATED PONY
Wild Horse

30 x 30 inches

Oil on Canvas

A Painting a Day



Why the heated pony? Well, my hubby came in and gesso the canvas for me...FIRST TIME, I might add. He was so cute and so capable. I will have to enlist his help again. As I approached the dried gesso and realized the talent with in as he had added impasto to it as well, the surface carried a thick sculpted look to it. The energy vibrating off was magnificent. (I had asked his help because of my pulled neck.) He stood there with my largest palette knife in his hand and had gesso and impasto from his finger tips to his elbows. I was working on another piece, but turned to see what I envisioned on the canvas.

I began to attack it thinking of just large ponies but that was not to be...the ponies emerged and I shot some pictures, just to go back and add about two more layers of paint. Then I took more pictures. Still unsatisfied, I went back and began to scrap parts of the canvas ...geez there was a lot of paint there. I had a pile of paint that would have filled three tubes if you like a gray cast mush. I picked up my marigold and madder (a rose color) and began to work. I first outlined the horse pulling my thin palette knife through the left over layers of paint and the new layers I had just applied...from there the horse began to appear from the surface...the power and the heat coming off this one is unbelievable. So it should have been named the power of two, with Terry's added energy on the gesso layer, but I decided Heated Pony would do the same thing!

Hope your Sunday is well. we had a huge HUGE dust storm blow in yesterday. Stacey and I were in Southlake shopping and about to meet Terry for lunch and the wind was so strong it knocked out power through out the entire city. All business had to temporarily close...can you imagine pet smart with no lights? Poor puppies and kitties...we had to drive on west to Roanoke to Chili's to eat. My poor pups were outside as well. We had no prior knowledge of the dust bowl of west Texas arriving. I had checked and doubled checked the forecast before we left at ten and it said 65 degrees and partly cloudy...they neglected to mention partly dusty. So this afternoon I will be bathing two very dusty Kerry Blue Terriers.

This morning will be spent cleaning out my closet...looks like it erupted, then working on a painting of some hands, that is only 1/3 of the way complete. After that I am already eagerly thinking of my next horse composition...think I will do another series of HORSE PLAY...so be prepared!

Grace to all,

Laurie

"And those who know your name put their trust in you." Psalm 9:10

I move forward in faith, knowing I am divinely guided.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...