Skip to main content
Andalucian Stallion
HORSE

24 X 30 inches
Oil on Canvas

A Painting a Day


OH MY>... we have at least 3 inches or more of snow outside....we were up at four to let the dogs out as I made Terry's breakfast and there is snow thickly covering everything. The hood of his truck has more like six inches.... it is amazing since we rarely get snow. I will try to get out for pictures later!!!

Annie the dog is doing better...we couldn't feed her until this morning...and I just fed her. I pray that her tummy and intestines are better because I do not want to spend my day cleaning up after her! She was so sad yesterday wanting to eat and I felt like a bad mother eating in front of her!

This painting was completed yesterday. it is pretty wet. It was interesting to paint as it developed I truly was working on balance color etc. I always paint away and as I finish things up begin moving paint on the composition to different areas for contrast. I use the palette knife and pick up color from one side and lay it on another side. That is what finally finished this one!

more later...must get to painting for a special mission. FOUR BRANCH RANCH
Kathryn is the owner and I will be painting for her this weekend...starting in the next ten minutes. I had a delightful conversation with her yesterday and was thrilled to find she is a believer as well. God has a way in His plan to put people in our lives, and as often as I sit and wonder, Okay, not sure why, but we will take this journey in faith, He then pops in something fresh and surprising...and that is what Kathryn was to me. I have to thank Kelly Williams for the connection...he has purchased several of my paintings and it is from him that Kathryn contacted me.

Remember what I wrote several days ago? Open the doors that I am suppose to go through and close the ones I need to walk away from...give me the wisdom to recognize the people I need to walk away from that drain my energy and the knowledge to reach out to those that are in need or that I need to connect with. I heard this on Good Morning Texas about a month ago and it has been a mantra for me every day since.

Have a super Friday!

Grace,
Laurie

“The word is very near to you; it is in your mouth and in your heart for you to observe.”
—Deuteronomy 30:14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...