Skip to main content
Crossing Over
Horses

Oil on Canvas
22 x 28 inches

A Painting a Day


Good Saturday Morning! Our weird Texas weather continues HOT and COLD all in one day yesterday...mostly cold though, but I fear this leaves the major populous in the schools and work places closer to the flu.

This painting plays with contrast of midline values. I believe the next one I will work with a similar pull and add a bit more of a contrast in with a complimentary diagonal. Again I mixed Impasto with the paint. The Holbein oils are very rich and creamy and adding the impasto to this creates an exciting thickness which reminds me of icing cakes!

Kelly Williams, a collector from Dallas, that purchased Celebrating Life before it went to auction, came by yesterday to pick up the work and was again astonished (his second piece) by the piece in person. Evidently the photographs of my work cannot seem to capture the thick paint and the edging that occurs, the surfaces that build around bone structure in the faces or the buildings depending on the painting. To me that is the excitement of painting! Pulls of paint create the dimension and with the added impasto, it actually gives dimension encouraging the view to want to touch. I want to thank Kelly also for purchasing the painting CHRISTMAS PAST with 100 percent of the proceeds going to the Double HP Horse Rescue. He honored us with a high bid of $455 but only after he saw the piece in person yesterday afternoon before the bidding ended.
Kelly is quite an artist himself. We were privileged to stop by his home last week delivering his COA's to him and were blown away by his Western ART collection in his home. I am honored to be woven into this gathering of power from the west! Thanks again Kelly!

Grace to all,

Laurie

“If they listen, and serve him, they complete their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasantness.” —Job 36:11

Comments

Elle your paintings are amazing! God has truly blessed you with an enormous amount of artistic talent!

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...