Skip to main content
CONTRAST SPIRIT
Horse

24 X 30 inches
Oil on Canvas

A Painting a Day





Playing with contrast yesterday I worked on this beauty...and she is gorgeous in real life. I am not sure the photo does her justice. Mixing scarlet , Alazarin Crimson and yellow I found the bright crisp burnt orange and as I began working the horse and her face I knew the background would be in turquoise, horizon blue and cobalt....further contrast occurs with mauve and lime green....it was enriching to paint and amazing to watch as the colors began to play off of each other!

Today is painting again. I have sold the Iris I posted yesterday. It is hanging in my dining room right now drying out...we still have wet damp COLD weather and more ice for tomorrow. I am not accustomed to this, but we need the moisture. One nearby lake was down 19 ft from normal...and it gained 5 ft in the past week....that is how bad the drought is here. Large cities are still on water rationing in the middle of winter.

Well, my paints are calling me...I am headed across the studio to the easel! AND LATER to my guitar...music arrived yesterday...for the guitar and for the harp I have ordered. The harp is being hand made in Australia...I cannot wait!!!!


Happy Friday to all.

Grace
Laurie


“I declare that your steadfast love is established forever; your faithfulness is as firm as the heavens.” —Psalm 89:2

Comments

Roxanne Steed said…
glad to read of another artist/musician. I paint & play traditional Irish fiddle tunes..congrats on the harp-I've just found your blog & really enjoy it!-
Thanks..I am going to jump over to see yours!!! I am waiting sooo patiently for the harp to arrive.

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...