Skip to main content
COLORS TWO HORSES THREE
Horses

22 x 28 inches
Oil on Canvas

A Painting a Day



The joy in painting is truly expressed in this unique trio of horses. Part of my COLOR series, one can be lost in the creamy blends of hues through out this painting.

Don't know about you guys, but I am knee deep in files and bookkeeping preparing my 'STUFF" for taxes! UGH...meanwhile painting brings a smile to my face and buries the work behind me!
Terry fixed my broken file cabinet last night so I feel like I can function again! YEAH!

Take care and stay warm!

Grace,
Laurie

OHHH. Daily Word was truly a good reading this morning so I have to share it all!!!


Daily Word — Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Nonresistance
Trusting in God, I am blessed throughout my journey of life.
When I read a book, I understand the events characters encounter were conceived by the author with a purpose in mind. Reading the book, I am going along for the ride and seeing where the journey leads.
It’s easy to have that perspective while being entertained, but it can be more difficult to find objectivity in my own life. I may create friction by resisting the divine order of things. How much easier life is when I willingly release the urge to struggle! Now is the time to accomplish this in prayer.
“Dear God, I expand my consciousness to a wider vision of life. I release all expectations of what I think should happen and ask for Your guidance as I step forward. Letting go of any need to control, I am ready to enjoy the journey with You as my guide.”
“For you need endurance, so that when you have done the will of God, you may receive what was promised.”—Hebrews 10:36

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...