Skip to main content
Bursting Out
HORSE

24 x 30 inches
Oil on Canvas

A Painting a Day



GOOD COLD EVENING TO ALL!!!! amidst the sleet, ice and rain.... I did paint. GLORIOUS color splashed across the canvas and emotions Burst OUT!...you can almost feel the muscles moving on this stallion!

A collector saw a preview picture and has already bought this beauty so he is drying and awaiting his trip north!

My grandson is here visiting and I have spent the majority of the day playing CLUE. Do you remember that game? Oh what fun. We even played some GIN and he is now playing Chess with his grandfather, THE BAMPA. Yes, he named us, and I am the MUM. He is our one and only and rather spoiled since we raised him six of his nine years here on this earth! It was a gift from God to have him apart of our family so close. After his dad moved to NYC last year, his mom took physical custody and basically has refused us the ability to see him, so when he is here it is cherished time. Funny how some folks say one thing and do another...she had promised us the month before our son left for NYC last year, that we would always get to see our grandson...but within weeks she had court orders flying and that brought an abrupt end to our time with him. Still can't figure out how it is in his best interest, but meanwhile I rest in the love of God and know this is HIS plan and His working in all of our lives, so cheerfully we enjoy every time we are with him and consider it a gift.

SOOOO, there is not much painting going on this weekend. My morning was filled with Chocolate chip pancakes on the griddle....and a trip to the store at Seven a.m. before the ice arrived to buy popcorn, cookies, cheese nips, chips, juice, milk, pizza and paper towels...the necessities of life! Tomorrow morning we will make homemade cinnamon rolls...and know we will be iced in.

Spoke with Sue this morning and enjoyed an hour of treasured conversation...it is light snow where she lives up north. Had Email from Charlotte saying she was going to call and sing to me...LOL...and a call from Niki to share a good email dog story and catch up time...

OH...I know what happened...the dogs were out..in the mess and Paddy, the 18 months old goof ball came in wet and muddy...I was drying him off when the 8 year old Annie took back off out the door running 100 mph. There was a rabbit departing out from under our deck by the back door...and she chased it to the back of the yard (we have an acre) and around the work shed three times and back and forth across the yard before the bunny dove under the work shed.... Annie stay close by watching from behind a tree and the rabbit darted out and headed back toward the house barely making it under the deck before Annie slid in the mud behind it. She stayed guard on the porch trying to spot the little ones between the wood slats. Took us over an hour to convince her to come into the warm house. Me, I want to go stuff blankets under the deck for the bunnies but Terry said no.

Well I am off to play dominoes...the boys are calling! I might sneak in a painting at Five tomorrow morning. I am hoping Jon sleeps in!

Grace and hugs to all. STAY WARM!
Laurie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...