Skip to main content
City New Years Rain
Cityscape

18 X 27 inches
Oil on Canvas

A Painting a Day


Good morning. I missed yesterday because I couldn't get BLOGGER to upload my images...so finally I switched to the NEW BLOGGER ( I was on a beta blogger) and it worked! YEAH!!!!!

So a day behind it not bad! This is a peaceful~ restful painting...remember (although it is hard to in Texas) what it like after the rains come...and the sky is only partially cleared?? That is the moment this picture captures! You can feel the coolness in the air from the rain and the city appears Washed CLEAN! Painted with a palette knife and cool colors for a New Years ring to it!

Scrambling still here and there for last minute shopping...just small things. We ate at a Mexican Restaurant in the Denton Mall and it was by far some of the WORSE food I have ever eaten and they were proud of that with their prices. As my grandson would say, YUCCA.

Hopefully we get to see him tomorrow. We raised him with his dad for over four years and he lived with us three of those years. His mom was basically OUT OF POCKET. She came back into his life two years ago and things have never been the same since. Good, bad or indifferent it is the Lord's plan and we celebrate the simple joy of having him Christmas Eve, Christmas morning and the day after! He and his "Bampa" are thick buddies! So there is much preparation at our home right now to welcome him for the holidays.

Stay warm and enjoy the season.

Grace,
Laurie

“So out of the ground the Lord God formed every animal of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name.”—Genesis 2:19

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media Collage Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Justus Pace

  © G.O.D. Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2013 Horse Collage Fall 2013  12 x 18 inches Mixed Media on Canvas.  This was an intentional paint to imitate one of the 100 ponies I did in 2012. That poor little 8 x 10 pony was loved by a company to do very large prints and it was not here for me to even use to scan... so I created something with the same heart, a kindred spirit. The underlays are pages from a western book and then torn papers of different varieties were added along with stains of paint and purposeful areas of paint.  This would not be a painting I would do today, but the goal was to capture the spirit of the first painting. This is available for purchase. Please click here  to see pricing and painting. Laurie Pace A Texas Artist Pace Studio  Graphics One Design My Blog          My Website          Gicl...

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...