Skip to main content

'Blue Horse' Modern Equine Art Contemporary Horse Daily Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace


'Blue Horse'
30 X 30 inches
Oil on Canvas
 SOLD from the blog! Thanks!


Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie

 © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2009


The Painting: This beauty was drawn out six weeks ago and I never painted him.  Finally this past week I began working on him choosing colors back in the blue family where I have wondered lately.  The stallion is strong with high ridges of paint created with my palette knife and my wonderful Holbein Duo Oils.


The Thought:  We seem to have the youngest daughter down with the flu or something. I have kept her in her room and out of the rest of the house hoping to contain the spread of whatever has taken hold. High fever much like I had in September and thankfully no chest issues or cold at this time.  We want every one well for Thanksgiving. Stacey is cooking... I just get to go and play with the grandbaby!  PERFECT for me....except I miss cooking.

I have to try and put things in perspective as for almost 35 years I have been responsible for the Thanksgiving meal.  Things change.  At first I wanted to bring something but then I remember how excited I was the first Thanksgiving I cooked for family. There is a joy in serving others a meal you have prepared and planned from scratch.   So I will go with a huge smile and open arms to play with that grandbaby they provided that they made from scratch too!  Well I stand corrected...created with lots of help from the Lord.

Whatever your plans are this week, my prayers this day are for your planning and traveling.
Next Sunday will be the first Sunday in Advent... begin this week to prepare your heart for this delightful time of the year. Give Thanks this week, every day.

Laurie


“Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.” Colossians 3:15  

Comments

Sadia said…
Wow! This painting is strikingly radiant! Love the vibrancy in it Laurie!
Thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...