Skip to main content

'Mountain Pony' Equine Horse Art Painting by Laurie Pace

'Mountain Pony'

30 x 30 inches
Acrylic on Canvas
SOLD

Flashing back a few years to show what was compared to where I am in my work.
I may entertain revisiting these palette colors.  
Contact me for commission work: Laurie

© Laurie Justus Pace      Graphics One Design 2007
  
The Painting:  Rough scrapes of color prepare the base of this painting. Overlays of acrylic then create the vision of the horse. This one was painted in 2007.  I may try to do one this week that retains this sense but in my current style.  It is important that an artist explore and continue to learn and grow with in their journey.  It is also important to be original.  A sense of style is unique to each of us that paint, and often through either workshops or straight copy imitation, we see pieces of our own work showing up in the internet in the works of others. 

The Thought:  I have to jump back to that old list today. I didn't look at it yesterday at all.  Not even sure where I am on the list but I am positive it is time for a new list.  Right? 
  
  This morning I opened up email from a local Dallasite asking about possible lessons.  My brain was flying as I wrote him back this morning.  Some of you already know this, some of you are not there yet, but as we grow older things begin to change in your mind without you even "working" on it.  With the years comes a certain realization of priorities and what is important in life. Giving back has been a primary driving source in my life.  God has given so richly to me in my lifetime to date. I have lived in countless places, met an abundance of people along the way, sharing and caring with moments at that time.... and moving on to the next place.
  
  The world offers so much and most of us never open our eyes to see it. Many never offer their hands to help others or give of their time. What we find to be timeless is Love.  Love is God's middle name.   What we give in life with love it always comes back around.  If you never give, do not be surprised when you find yourself alone in life. Maybe not alone physically, but alone emotionally.   

I have to share that a great uncle passed on this weekend.  He was the best example of a great man that walked his faith by word and example. Having mentors in your life like him that exemplify and show you the path setting a pace before you, equip you mentally for your journey. May God be with the Brown family today surrounding them in His Great Love. 
  
Seek and you will find, but be careful in choosing what you seek.

Laurie
"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."  1 John  4:8

Comments

Unknown said…
Thank you for sharing your work and belief the way you are. It is inspiring artistically and spiritually. A great gift.
Unknown said…
I just purchased one of your paintings - it's a small oil of 5 apples contrasting a light foreground and darkly shadowed background. Really wonderful - thank you for your great work. A new fan -

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...