Skip to main content
HIGH KICKER

30 x 30 inches
Oil on Canvas

A Painting A Day



Good Tuesday morning to everyone. I think it was the influence of the last part of the Beatles Anthology that we have been watching each night.... Day Tripper kept bouncing through my brain as I painted and this aboslutely delightful horse emerged...High Kicker....The texture build up and the colors are startling and the combination of colors should fit in with almost any decor.
Palette knife and thick creamy Holbein Duo Oils created this beauty. Contact me if you would like to purchase this painting prior to me listing it on eBay. It is schedule to list this weekend on the 19th. CLICK HERE FOR ME>

Today is more work around the house. I am going to try and sneak in a quick start on a painting this morning. With Thanksgiving coming on I am unsure of what is happening on eBay or at the galleries or what folks are buying. I will be doing some small things for my NY gallery, Earth Works Art Gallery and Studio in Upper State New York. I have already sent additional pieces to EBEA Gallery in Washington DC area for Christmas.

Saw some terrific new paintings by my friend Niki this week. She has been busy painting Neuffies...I know she will correct me on that spelling...The Newfoundland dogs...I try, but it doesn't always work.

Met a super person on line help with LULU.com. I am trying my first attempt at having a calendar for 2007. Hopefully tomorrow I will work all the bugs out and have it up to buy. The first one I am trying is a horse calendar. Dennis was able to get me over a few hurdles. I kept getting damaged file messages...but he resolved it and I thank him for that.
Watch for more info on the calendars. Thought I would do one for the horses and one for the flowers and maybe a misc one. I will price them for what they cost me to have made, I will not make money off of them, but they will be available for you to buy and have my art work year round. I had hoped to get my nephew, David, to assist me with a book, but that will probably be next year. Meanwhile...you can buy a book from the FIVE GRACES. Check out the website and click on the book to purchase. It is a solid book of some great artwork by Diane Whitehead, Conni Togel, Mary Jo Zorad, Debbie Lincoln and me.

GOOD MORNING SUE!!! Is it cold there? It is 80 plus here today...but cooling off tonight!
We make quite a "PEAR" don't we?

Carol....did you stop by this morning? Give Joe a hug from us and the kids too!

Grace,
Laurie

"There are many who say, "O that we might see some good! Let the light of your face shine on us, O Lord." Psalm 4:6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...