Skip to main content

Water Play Figurative Child playing in Water painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

WaterPlay
Sold
6 x 6 inches   Oil on Canvas  
 
©Laurie Pace    Graphics One Design 1998-2011  

Contact me for your own commissioned painting: Laurie    

OPPRESSIVE

That was Terry's word as we arrived in Dallas yesterday. We were back at the doc for his stitches to come out of his wrist. He developed a minor infection in the incision, so we still have some healing to go.

Terry was saying OPPRESSIVE for the heat. As we left the doctors office it was already 107 and only noon.  When I called our housesitter Carol to check in on the dogs, she said it was already 110 in Mt Vernon. That means it will be 116 at least this afternoon for the third day in a row.

I spoke with Vicki Fletcher (Sheriffs wife) and she was very down trying to keep up with her cows and horses.  Hay this summer will run over $10,000 to feed her animals and there is NO GRASS for the fall and winter.   One of her babies born about two months ago was rejected by the mother cow. Vicki has been bottle feeding this 'baby'. Can you imagine what size that bottle is?  Five Gallons of milk in one bottle for one feeding.  There are several times a day to feed this young bull.  It is a boy.  She has been working with him to try the feed and the salt she has to put out for the herd.  Just this week he finally began to get the idea of licking the salt and chewing some of the cow feed. She laughed and said he had to suck on her arm when he was done... she is his mama.... so between caring for her herds she has her granddaughter visiting and a friend from town for the week. I imagine she is a bit worn out.  Debbie Lincoln wrote that cows were dying in their town south of Weatherford.  She lost a chicken this week from the heat.

As we drove into Dallas the woods are almost all brown. The trees in east TX are dying. Areas look like something torched the area... desolate, brown grass and trees loosing brown leaves leaving sticks and stacks dry and brittle.

We arrived at Stacey's and Larry's around one yesterday. Stace has the house closed down and all lights and appliance are off but the air because of the rolling power outages as the Dallas Fort Worth area is on suggested energy efficiency plea to not use electrical things between 3 and 7 each day except for the air conditioning.

Again keep in mind that the heat robs serotonin from the body. Oppression can led to depression.  Stay cool. God has a plan.  I want to question it but I do not. I focus on the blessings right now and try not to let this turn me inward to worry.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO BUY AMERICAN.  Teach your children to buy American. That is the only way we can save our country.

Laurie          

““This is what the LORD says, he who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it—the LORD is his name: ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’” Jeremiah 33:2-3 NIV

 
GALLERY LINKS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXHAUSTED Woman Figurative Oil Painting, Art Deco Painting, Art Abstract Painting, Women in Kitchen Oil Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

'Exhausted' 24 x 24  Oil on Canvas Contact me to purchase by check or paypal. Laurie     © Laurie Justus Pace     Graphics One Design 2010 My Website   Thinking ahead to the Thanksgiving celebration next week, I remembered back to those previous dinners that I cooked, served, ate quickly, and cleaned up.  This is how I felt.  It is probably strange...even for me but I had the best fun sketching it out and painting it. We lost another dear family member this week. She has celebrated her 'continuation' day and is now with her mom and dad and her other cousins.  She leaves behind a family that will always celebrate her gentleness.  My aunt was special to all of us. She loved each of us dearly for who we were and was always ready with a hug or a 'good job'.    My memories are of breakfast pastries smeared with butter on top. It was not like they were not sweet enough as they were, but at her small kitch...

Sleeping Cowboy . Ernest Hemingway . Sunday, a day of rest . Western Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2019 Sleeping Cowboy Commissioned Painting for one of our oldest friends. 2004  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FOLLOW MY BLOG  ON INSTAGRAM     @lauriepaceblog Available Paintings by Laurie Pace          “I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” Ernest Hemingway  I really enjoyed painting this scene. It was restful to me as the artist  and loved by our friends.  Sunday is the day of rest. I smiled when I found this in archives and thought it perfect for this day.  If you live in Texas you know that we still have 'rules' about not selling liquor before noon.  If you live in Texas and are in your late thirties and up, you might even remember Blue Laws.   Stores were simply NOT open...

Three Remain Contemporary Abstract Horse Paintings by Texas Artist Laurie Pace

   © +Laurie Pace         Graphics One Design 2018 Three Remain    Oil on Canvas.   Size: 16 x 20  Oil on Canvas. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Available Paintings by Laurie Pace  Follow me on Facebook           Sign up for my monthly studio newsletter. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This contemporary abstract horse painting is fresh and wet on the easel.  Been listening to Santana this morning. Then added in some CW with George Strait.   Painting is not complete without some Classical and it was Debussy.  This was painted to be similar to a smaller painting created about three years ago.  Now in the sitting baking stage... I may touch up more as I watch over it.  There are only  maybe three more we...