Visit my main website for available work, commission a painting or read about me as an artist.

LauriePace.com

20 June 2015

The Silence of the Wolf, Wolf Painting by Texas Artist Laurie Pace




  ©+Laurie Pace       Graphics One Design 2015

The Lone Wolf Jackson Size: 40 x 60  Oil on Canvas.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This month I am doing new pieces for Rare Gallery in Jackson Hole. Rick and Hollee have asked me for tall vertical paintings of wolves, bison and horses in earth tones.  So I struggle NOT to paint like rainbow bright!
"There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls." George Carlin
I chose a wolf with a face fully turned and you will see tomorrow if you watch the slideshow of the paint itself how it evolved to this position in stead.  I slept on it, woke up and came into the studio and changed it all up!
I love doing the layers of thick buttery oils. I never realized how much paint I use on each painting until this year when I watched other artists use so very little paint doing their work. Since the thick palette knife is my signature painting, I will continue with it.


Tomorrow will be the whole story.  Laurie
"Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." 2 Corinthians 1:2


#horsepainting  #lauriepaceart  #equineart

Laurie Pace
A Texas Artist 


GALLERY LINKS

© Graphics One Design 2015

1 comment:

David Patterson said...

Beautiful painting, Laurie!

Laurie Justus Pace Contemporary Texas Artist

© LAURIE JUSTUS PACE GRAPHICS ONE DESIGN 1998-2011

All images, artwork and wording on this site are copyrighted. Reproduction of any image with out the expressed written permission of Laurie Justus Pace, Graphics One Design, dba is prohibited and protected by Copyright.

Copyright 1998-2011, all rights reserved. Texas Premier Contemporary Modern Artist, Laurie Justus Pace.


LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

AddThis

ShareThis